The following statement is built upon the historic creeds of the Protestant Reformation and is in friendly agreement with the Basis of Union of the Uniting Church in Australia.
- The Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error. It is the final authority for all matters of Christian life and belief and the ultimate standard by which all human creeds and confessions will be assessed.
- God is the one true and living God, who is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. He eternally exists in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—who are equally God – distinct but harmonious in all the work of the Godhead.
- Human beings were created by God in His own image, but through man’s sin we have incurred physical and spiritual death. As a result, all people are separated from God by their sin and are lost and without hope apart from salvation in Christ.
- The Gospel is the good news of God’s gracious saving action towards sinners through Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, took on human nature, lived a sinless life, and died for sinners in their place. He rose from the dead in a real physical yet renewed body and is now seated at the right hand of the Father in glory.
- Salvation is a free gift that comes only by God’s grace, through faith in Jesus Christ. Anyone who turns from their sin and trusts in Jesus Christ and His death on their behalf receives forgiveness of sins and the gift of eternal life.
- The Holy Spirit works to transform genuine believers more and more into the image of Christ. His work is carried on in our hearts through the study of Scripture, prayer, worship, and fellowship with other believers. The Holy Spirit also empowers believers for Christian witness and service and gives gifts for the building up of the body of Christ, the church.
- The universal church, composed of genuine followers of Christ, exists to worship, serve, and glorify God. All members of the universal church are to be vitally committed members of a local church, where they receive pastoral care and the opportunity to employ their God-given gifts in His service.
- Jesus Christ will return to the earth, personally and visibly, to establish His kingdom in the new heavens and the new earth. We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost—the saved to endless joy, living and reigning with Christ, and the lost to endless punishment away from the loving presence of God.