We BELIEVE in Jesus Christ – building our lives on Him and His salvation, the Gospel.
Grace Christian Church holds an orthodox view of the Holy Scriptures, the historic creeds of the church, and the Basis of Union of the Uniting Church of Australia. We believe in the centrality of the saving grace of God given through Jesus Christ.
We believe in one God, the Father, the almighty,
maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God,
begotten, not made, of one being with the Father.
Through him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven;
by the power of the Holy Spirit he became incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and was made man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate;
he suffered death and was buried.
On the third day he rose again in accordance with the scriptures;
he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the father.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord,
the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son.
With the Father and the Son he is worshipped and glorified.
He has spoken through the Prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come.
Concerning our salvation:
- God created humanity in His image and for His love but we chose to turn our backs on God and go our own way, sinning in thought, word, and action.
- When Jesus died on the cross, he paid the penalty for our sin and when He rose from the dead, He broke the power of sin and death, making His life available to all.
- We receive this salvation by faith alone as we turn from our self-centred sin and turn to God for forgiveness and new life.
- The Holy Spirit applies this salvation to our lives and enables us to grow in our relationship with God and become more like Him.
We LIVE in Jesus Christ – allowing Him to change our lives.
We seek to nurture our new life in Christ.
- We develop our relationship with God by learning from His Word and relating to Him through worship and prayer
- We celebrate the sacraments – baptism and Communion – which remind us of and connect us with Christ’s death and resurrection.
- We seek to follow and serve Him in all aspects of our daily lives.
We strengthen our life together in the Body of Christ.
- Through faith in Christ, we are united with all other believers in Christ’s Body – the Church – and this finds expression through our participation in a local church
- We intentionally build relationships that demonstrate God’s love and encourage each other in the faith.
- All believers (regardless of age, gender, social standing, or culture) are gifted by the Holy Spirit and all gifts lead to service that builds the church and God’s kingdom.
We SHARE Jesus Christ – knowing He is the only hope for life.
We are called to be witnesses of Jesus Christ.
- We look for ways to love and serve our community in Jesus’ name.
- We seek to introduce people to Jesus and His salvation through the way we live our lives and the words we use to talk about the hope within us